12 Hot Dogs That Will Make You Rethink the Hot Dog by Donna John
While delicious, plan ol' ketchup, mustard and relish can get boring for hot dog lovers. Put a little haute in your dog with these fun combinations!
- Guac Dog – mashed avocado, chopped tomatoes, sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro
- Salad Dog – lettuce, diced red onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers and drizzle of honey-mustard dressing
- Spicy Pepper Dog – sliced red bell pepper, sliced Anaheim peppers, chopped red onion and roasted red pepper dressing
- Bánh mì – shaved daikon radish, grated carrot, sliced cucumbers, chopped fresh mint and cilantro, sliced fresh jalapenos, mayo and a drizzle of sriracha or hoisin sauce
- Peruvian Dog – cooked french fries or hashbrowns, chopped parsley and Aji Amarillo paste (serve with ketchup, mustard and mayo for dipping)
- Onion Dip Dog – onion dip, chopped green onions and crushed potato chips
- Italian Dog – pesto, diced tomato, shredded parmesan cheese, fresh slivered basil
- Steak Dog – onions, cherry tomatoes (halved), crumbled blue cheese and a drizzle of steak sauce
- Slaw Dog – finely shredded cabbage, grated carrot, sliced pickles, sprinkling of celery seed and a drizzle of cole slaw dressing
- Frito Pie – chili, shredded cheese, diced onions, crushed corn chips and jalapenos
- German Dog – sauerkraut, brown mustard, caraway seeds
- Nacho Dog – chili con queso, diced tomato, jalapenos, diced avocado and crumbled tortilla chips
However you prefer your hot dog, here are some fun accessories to make eating and cooking them even more fun!