Herbes de Provence Chicken Recipe: This Easy Roasted Chicken Is the Recipe That Keeps on Giving by Java Hemmat
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 1 roasting chicken
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Provence (herbes de provence)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
Here's how to make it:
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with 1/2 tablespoon of Provence (herbes de provence), both halves of lemon and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper and the remainder of Provence.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the vegetables or mashed potatoes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.