Pantry Recipes: This Easy Green Peas & Rice Recipe Uses Those Pantry Ingredients by Gwen Johnson
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup basmati rice or long-grain white rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen baby peas or canned peas
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water, cover and cook on low heat about 15-20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the peas and heat through. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.