Quick & Healthy Honey Spiced Roasted Pears Recipe With Pistachios by Susan Bowerman, M.S., R.D., CSSD, CSOWM, FAND
Who doesn't love pears? Here's a heart-healthy, fruit dessert recipe for you to share with the entire family this year – or your sweetheart on Valentine's Day.
The pears are drizzled with honey or maple syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice (or your favorite spices!) before being roasted in the oven for about 20 minutes. Serve the warm pears with vanilla yogurt (the healthiest way), ice cream or whipped cream. These roasted pears are incredible!
There are also many health benefits of eating pears. The fruit is loaded with vitamins and minerals, and may even have anti-cancer properties, reduce inflammation and promote gut health. You can't go wrong with this healthy pear recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, halved and cored
- honey or maple syrup (1/2 teaspoon per pear half)
- 1/3 cup chopped salted pistachios
- Greek-style vanilla yogurt (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Arrange pears, cut side down, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and sprinkle with spices, to taste.
- Roast, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated 400-degree F oven. Occasionally spoon any liquid in the pan over the pears.
- Arrange on serving plates. Drizzle pan juices over the pears, sprinkle with pistachios and top with a dollop of yogurt.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
2 Quart Rectangular Baking Pan $8 & Up
Maple Syrup $6 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
Allspice $2 & Up
Pistachios $5 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.