This classic pasta carbonara recipe originated in Rome and is Italy's version of bacon and eggs. Ready in about 20 minutes, this creamy and delicious spaghetti carbonara recipe will become a family favorite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 eggs
- 4 - 5 slices thick bacon, diced, or 1/2 cup cubed prosciutto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the eggs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon or prosciutto in a skillet until crispy. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta and egg mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slowly add reserved pasta water, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.