30-Minute Italian Wedding Soup Recipe With Turkey Meatballs Will Make You Say "I Do" by Gwen Johnson
Not sure what this soup has to do with weddings, but turkey meatballs, broth and tiny pasta are a marriage made in soup heaven. Serve this easy Italian wedding soup recipe with crusty bread or garlic bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil (optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll into small meatballs and place on a baking sheet. Cook in a preheated 400-degree F oven until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the chicken broth into a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Add the orzo or acini di pepe and cook until al dente.
- Reduce heat and add the meatballs. Simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in the zest from the lemon and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, pour into soup bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $15 & Up
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Panko Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Anci De Pepe Pasta $3 & Up
Orzo $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.