30-Minute Italian Wedding Soup Recipe With Turkey Meatballs by Gwen Johnson
Not sure what this soup has to do with weddings, but turkey meatballs, broth and tiny pasta are a marriage made in soup heaven. And for my family, soup season is year-round, not just in colder months.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey (you could substitute ground chicken)
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil (optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll into small meatballs and place on a baking sheet. Cook in a preheated 400-degree F oven until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the chicken broth into a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Add the orzo or acini di pepe and cook until al dente.
- Reduce heat and add the meatballs. Simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in the zest from the lemon and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- To serve, pour into soup bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $15 & Up
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Panko Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Anci De Pepe Pasta $3 & Up
Orzo $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.