Easy Bread Stuffing Recipe: A Stress-free Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe by 30Seconds Food
It's time to start planning that Thanksgiving menu. Cornbread stuffing isn't the only stuffing you can invite to the party. Try this traditional bread stuffing recipe as a side dish or use it in your turkey. This easy bread stuffing recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated right before dinner.
To make this moist, flavorful bread stuffing recipe you will need a short list of ingredients. Here is your shopping list: white bread, butter, onion, celery, chicken broth, fresh parsley, poultry seasoning and eggs. The bread is cubed and then toasted to add more texture to the stuffing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 - 6 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Airtight Containers
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Don't skip the toasting of the bread step for the best results.
- You could add any fresh herb into the stuffing before baking.
- Store any leftover stuffing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake in a 250-degree F oven for about 1 hour to dry out. Cool. Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cook the onion and celery in the butter until soft and beginning to brown.
- Combine the chicken broth and eggs in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Put the bread cubes into a large bowl. Add the cooked celery and onions, chicken broth-egg mixture, parsley, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix gently to combine.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 to 40 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.1g
Saturated Fat: 1.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 21.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 2.5g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.