Best Bread Stuffing Recipe: Your Go-To Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe by 30Seconds Food
This easy bread stuffing recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated right before dinner. Don't skip the toasting of the bread step for the best results.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 pound white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 - 6 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake in a 250-degree F oven for about 1 hour to dry out. Cool. Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cook the onion and celery in the butter until soft and beginning to brown.
- Combine the chicken broth and eggs in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Put the bread cubes into a large bowl. Add the cooked celery and onions, chicken broth-egg mixture, parsley, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix gently to combine.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 to 40 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $10 & Up
Mrs. Cubbison's Best Stuffing Cookbook: Sensational Stuffings for Poultry, Meats, Fish, Side Dishes and More $14
Low Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Poultry Seasoning $3 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.