Goblin Halloween Rice Krispies® Treats Recipe Has Its Eye on You by 30Seconds Food
Pumpkins, ghosts, mummies, monsters and witches are fine, but let's not forget the ghouls and goblins on Halloween. A box of food coloring and some edible eyes turn crispy rice cereal treats into spooky snacks.
To make black food coloring, combine equal amounts of yellow, blue and red. To make purple food coloring, combine 3 red to 1 purple until desired shade is achieved.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 40 regular marshmallows (divided)
- 1 box Rice Krispies cereal (divided)
- food coloring
- edible eyes
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a pot over low heat. Add 1/3 of the marshmallows and stir until melted. Add green food coloring to achieve desired color. Pour in 1/3 of the cereal and stir well.
- Shape into discs about the size of a salmon patty and top with an edible eye.
- Repeat two more times using purple food coloring for one batch and black for the final one. Store in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.