No-Bake Blueberry Brownie Energy Bites: Tell Fatigue "Not Today" With This Easy Snack Recipe by Gigi Gaggero
Pop these moist little fruit and brownie energy balls into your child's lunchbox or your purse for a quick, healthy pick-me-up. To change things up, make them into squares instead of balls and try a different type of nut.
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
- 10 whole Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2/3 cup almond butter or sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 2 tablespoons water or unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts on a small rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool nuts and rub off skins in between the palms of your hand. Reserve 20 hazelnuts. Pulse remaining hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse dates and dried blueberries until it's like a paste. Add almond butter, cocoa, water, vanilla and salt. Process until well combined. Turn mixture out into a bowl and divide into 20 equal portions.
- Roll each portion around one whole toasted nut to form a ball. Roll each ball in the chopped hazelnuts to coat. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Whole Hazelnuts $7 & Up
Medjool dates $8 & Up
Dried Blueberries $5 & Up
Almond Butter $6 & Up
Sunflower Butter $5 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Kosher Salt $5 & Up
Not Today Shirts $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.