This Gluten-Free Schisandra Berry Bites Recipe Is Overloaded With Healthy Goodness! by Amy McKelvey
Snacks Vegan Gluten-free
4 years ago
Add to collection
These bake-free Schisandra orange almond butter coconut bites are:
- blood-sugar stabilizing (critical for adrenal health and hormone balance)
- energizing without over-stimulating
- easy to make and affordable
- made with simple ingredients
- easy to carry wherever you go
- gluten free
- packed with healthy protein, fiber and fats
There's a lot going on in these tiny bites!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 5 teaspoons Schisandra berry powder
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons bittersweet chopped chocolate chips (optional, but so good)
- 3/4 cup natural, unsalted almond or macadamia butter
- 1/4 cup MCT oil, melted butter, coconut or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, ohoney, xylitol or stevia (amount adjusted to taste)
Here's how to make them:
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture. Using a large spoon fold together ingredients until well incorporated or simply use your hands.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture into hands and roll and form into small balls. If the mixture is a little dry, add in more coconut, butter or avocado oil.
- Roll in dried unsweetened coconut flakes to finish or extra bittersweet chips if you are not overly sensitive to caffeine.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Schisandra Berry Powder $15 & Up
Flaxseed $3 & Up
Shredded Coconut $3 & Up
Vegan Bittersweet Chocolate Chips $10 & Up
Nut Butters $6 & Up
Maple Syrup $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.