Fresh Creamy Lemon Artichoke Pesto Recipe From Your Own Cucina by Donna John
The View's View Your Deal featured a jar of creamy lemon artichoke pesto. My first thought? While it's probably delicious, why buy it when you can make it fresh at home?
The creamy artichoke pesto recipe is made with a jar of marinated artichoke hearts that have been drained (save the marinade for another recipe!), fresh garlic cloves, fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, grated Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, pine nuts and olive oil. Crushed red pepper flakes are an optional ingredient if you want a little heat. The ingredients are blitzed in a blender until smooth.
Try this easy, lemon artichoke pesto recipe on your favorite pasta, as a spread on toasted baguette slices, pizza or sandwiches, or use it as a dip for fresh vegetables. Delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained (save the marinade for another recipe or use it as a salad dressing)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Put the artichokes, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, pine nuts and crushed red pepper flakes into a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly start drizzling in the olive oil until the pesto is smooth (you may not need all the olive oil, or you may want more). Season with salt and pepper.
Cucina: kitchen or cuisine
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Marinated Artichoke Hearts $3 & Up
Pine Nuts $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.