Gettin' Freaky With Tzatziki: This Easy Recipe Will Be Your New BFF by Gigi Gaggero
Tzatziki (taet-zeek-key) is a sauce or dip made with a combination of cucumber, fresh yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice or vinegar and fresh herbs. It’s so delicious and refreshing! Use it on everything – from a dip for raw vegetables or pita bread to a salad dressing or side for grilled meat.
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber, unpeeled, grated and set to drain (or rush the process by tossing in 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
Here’s how to make it:
- Squeeze excess liquid from cucumber and wash off salt residue. Squeeze dry using a clean kitchen towel.
- Add prepared cucumber to a small bowl and combine with the yogurt, garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and white pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or as long as you can.
- Remove from refrigerator and add chopped fresh dill to the mixture. Stir to combine. Check and adjust seasoning.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.