Oven-baked Samosa Recipe: A Vegetarian Version of This Traditional Indian Street Food by 30Seconds Food
"Hi, I have not seen any street food articles or recipes on this site from India. Could you please share some?" Sure, Birchi! Here's an easy recipe for baked samosas, a traditional street food in India. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- 4 potatoes, peeled, diced, cooked until tender and mashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 4 refrigerated premade pie crusts
- egg wash (get Chef Gigi’s egg wash recipe)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onions, coriander, curry, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Cook until it begins to lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the potatoes, tomatoes and peas. Mix well. Cool.
- Cut each pie crust into eight triangles. Fill with some of the mixture. Fold the corners up to completely enclose the filling. Pinch to seal.
- Lay the samosas on a baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until golden brown, about 13-15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.