Baked Crispy Sundried Tomato Phyllo Rolls Recipe With Cream Cheese & Parmesan by Chef Gigi
Packed with earthy sundried tomatoes and creamy cheese, these crunchy phyllo rolls will be the star of any party or get-together. The oven-baked phyllo rolls are really easy to make, too. If you can make an egg roll, you can roll a phyllo roll!
The creamy filling is a mixture of sundried tomatoes (save the oil!), garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and an egg. The ingredients are blended in a blender until creamy. Be sure to season with salt and black or white pepper. The sundried tomato filling is piped onto the phyllo dough, rolled up and baked until golden brown and crispy.
Save the oil from the sundried tomatoes to use in other recipes. It makes a wonderful addition to a salad dressing and you can also cook chicken, fish or shrimp in it, or stir it into pasta. You can make these creamy sun-dried tomato rolls in a variety of sizes. Make them big or mini. Play around with it! Serve these baked phyllo rolls for lunch or as an appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 ounces sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 - 3 cloves garlic
- 1 big pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 - 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package phyllo dough
- butter, to brush the tops
Here’s how you make it:
- Blend all ingredients expect cream cheese in a food processor until it forms a paste. Scrape down the sides. Add the cream cheese and egg. Pulse until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack two phyllo sheets on top of one another. Using a sharp knife or shears, cut sheets in half lengthwise, making 16 5- to 6-inch wide strips. Place one strip on work surface (keep remaining strips covered with a slight damp towel to prevent drying). Brush entire strip with oil. Place 1 heaping tablespoon cheese filling in center of strip, 1 inch in from one short pastry edge.
- Shape filling into a 3-inch long log, parallel to short edge. Fold short edge, then sides of pastry, over filling. Continue to roll up, enclosing filling completely. Lightly brush with melted butter and chill until firm.
- Bake rolls, uncovered, in a preheated 400-degree F oven until filling is heated through and pastry is golden, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.