How to Make Prime Rib Like a Steakhouse (You Won't Believe the Secret Ingredient!) by Margaret Steck
Preparing a mouth-watering prime rib comes down to one basic ingredient: rock salt. Here's the recipe for serving six to eight people.
- 1 (4-rib) standing rib roast
- seasoned salt, for the rib roast
- 1 bag (5 pounds) rock salt (also known as ice cream salt)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the rock salt on the bottom of a heavy roasting pan and place a wire rack on top. Sprinkle the fatty cap of the standing rib roast with season salt and place on top of the wire rack (fatty side up). Make sure none of the rock salt is touching the roast.
- Cooking time is approximately 20 minutes per pound. Insert a meat thermometer into the roast, careful not to touch bone. The thermometer should read 130 degrees F for rare or 140 degrees F for medium rare.
- Once the roast is cooked, take it out of the oven and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.