16 Creative Ways to Use Ice Cream Cones Minus the Ice Cream! by Donna John
Don't limit your ice cream cones to just being holders for ice cream. Think outside the cone! Here are 16 creative ways to utilize those cake or waffle cones (save the ice cream for later!):
- Fill with fruit to make fruit salad cones.
- Break into pieces and serve with your favorite sweet dip, like pumpkin cream cheese dip.
- Stuff with a cannoli filling and enjoy this Italian dessert without all the fuss.
- Make DIY bird feeders and hang in a tree.
- Use as a holder for a flower bouquet – the perfect gift from kids for grandma or the teacher.
- Fill with popcorn, cheese crackers or trail mix for an edible bowl.
- Crush up waffles cones and replace the crackers or cookies called for in graham or shortbread pie crusts, then make an ice cream pie.
- Add broken up waffle cones to your favorite homemade granola recipe for a fun twist.
- Place upside down on a cake and frost with green icing to make trees (perfect for holiday cakes).
- Fill with cake mix and bake to create cake cones.
- Form Rice Krispies Treats into balls and place on cone. Frost and decorate with sprinkles for dripless ice cream cones.
- Drop marshmallows and chocolate chunks into an ice cream cone. Microwave for about 1 minute to melt for fun s'mores.
- Place a waffle cone inside a clear drinking glass. Fill with fresh cut flowers for a whimsical tablescape or centerpiece.
- Put an ice cream cone upside down on a paper plate. Let kids decorate it with icing, sprinkles, candy, etc., and make a teepee.
- Use a waffle cone as a cornucopia and fill with fall candy and autumn flowers for a cute fall decoration.
- At your next party have a candy bar and let guests use cones as their candy holder.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.