One of my greatest pleasures at home is watching the birds in the backyard. Inspired by Kim Kusiciel's bagel bird feeder idea, I came up with ice cream cone bird feeders. Be sure to have some ice cream in the freezer so after your kids make a treat for the birds they can have one themselves!
- ice cream cones
- peanut butter
- twine, yarn or string
Here’s how you make them:
- At the bottom of the cone, poke a hole through the sides (I used a small screwdriver).
- Thread a piece of twine, yarn or string through the holes and tie, creating a hanger.
- Spread peanut butter on the rim and sides of what was the top (but now the bottom) of the cone.
- Dip the peanut butter in birdseed to coat.
- Hang it in a tree and enjoy watching the birds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.