Love Bacon? Try This Amazing Bacon-Infused Popcorn Recipe! by Donna John
7 months ago
Bacon-infused popcorn? Oh, my! Darren Sylvin, executive chef at Aloft Boston Seaport in Boston, Mass., shares his simple bacon popcorn recipe!
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- pinch salt
Here’s how you make it:
- Rough cut the bacon into 1-inch cubes.
- In a deep and wide soup pot, render bacon under low flame until completely crispy, about 20 minutes. Once fully rendered, separate bacon and fat through a fine strainer. Reserve bacon pieces on the side for later.
- Clean out pot and return to medium flame with all of the reserved bacon fat and coconut oil. Add kernels and a pinch of salt and stir until kernels are fully coated with fat and oil.
- Put lid on pot and begin to vigorously shake pot back and forth over flame until kernels begin to pop. Continue to shake until the popping fades. (Not shaking will result in burnt popcorn.)
- Once popping has stopped or reduced significantly, remove from flame and stir in remaining bacon pieces.
- Place in bowl and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: