Sand Tarts: Just 5 Ingredients in This Melt-in-Your-Mouth Christmas Cookie Recipe by Donna John
There are lot of cookies that remind me of my grandma. This sand tart recipe tops the list. A Christmas didn't go by without these delicate cookies being displayed on Grandma's red glass tray. She made them crescent shaped, but ball shaped taste (almost) as good.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (plus additional for rolling)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Here's how to make them:
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla, flour and chopped pecans. Mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into crescent or ball shapes. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until bottoms are beginning to get light brown.
- Remove and immediately roll in powdered sugar. Cool.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.