5-Ingredient Tender Sand Tarts Cookie Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by Donna John
There are lot of cookies that remind me of my grandma. This sand tart recipe tops the list. A Christmas didn't go by without these delicate sand tart cookies being displayed on Grandma's red glass tray. My grandma made this tender sand tarts crescent shaped, but ball shaped taste (almost) as good.
The texture and taste of these holiday cookies is similar to Mexican wedding cookies, kourabiedes or Italian butter balls. The five-ingredient cookies are really easy to make, too. Butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, flour and pecans and mixed together to form the delicate cookie batter. Shape them into balls or crescents and bake for 10 minutes. The hot cookies are the rolled in powdered sugar. Because they're hot, it adheres to the cookies and creates a glaze-like texture. Amazingly delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (plus additional for rolling)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Here's how to make it:
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla, flour and chopped pecans. Mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into crescent or ball shapes. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until bottoms are beginning to get light brown.
- Remove and immediately roll in powdered sugar. Cool.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.