Kourabiedes Recipe: This Easy Greek Butter Cookie Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by 30Seconds Food
Kourabiedes, or Greek butter cookies, are a type of shortbread cookie made with lots of butter, powdered sugar, brandy and sometimes nuts. Similar to Italian butter balls, Mexican wedding cookies and sand tarts, this easy cookie recipe melts in your mouth.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes per batch
Total Time: 22 to 25 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 to 5 dozen
- 4 sticks butter, melted and cooled
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 6 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the butter and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar together. Add egg yolk and brandy.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together. Add this mixture to the butter. (It will be crumbly.)
- Shape the dough into round discs. Put them onto baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are beginning to lightly brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool about 10 minutes.
- Put the remaining powdered sugar into a bowl. Roll the cookies in the sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.