Dark Chocolate Bars Recipe: Your New Favorite Superfood Treat! by Sonia Satra
Once you try this chocolate, you'll never go back to Godiva! This recipe is for dark chocolate lovers who love clean eating. If you like it super dark chocolate, leave out the honey and up the cocoa powder.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (not processed with alkali)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the coconut oil in pot on low heat. Add the vanilla and honey and mix everything well.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix again until smooth. Look for the consistency of runny pancake batter. Too thick and the chocolate will be dry tasting, too thin and it doesn’t have the flavor. (You can always add more coconut oil or cocoa powder to get the right balance.)
- Remove from heat and pour into molds. This amount will usually make 4-6 bars.
- Place the molds in the fridge immediately and let sit for at least 45 minutes. After that, the chocolate should pop right out of the mold.
Note: The chocolate needs to be kept refrigerated otherwise it will begin to melt at room temperature.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.