Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe: Olive Oil & Dark Chocolate Make This a Healthier Gluten-free Chocolate Cake Recipe by 30Seconds Food
The health benefits of dark chocolate and olive oil have been proven time and time again. If you're a chocoholic and just can't stay away from desserts, this easy flourless chocolate cake recipe is calling your name. Made with dark chocolate and extra virgin olive oil, this decadent cake recipe is gluten free and tastes incredible.
Serve this flourless, gluten-free cake recipe warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or let it cool completely and top it with whipped cream (maybe a coconut whipped cream?) and fresh fruit. You can't go wrong either way.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- toppings: powdered sugar, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, fresh fruit (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of the pan.
- In a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pot of boiling water, melt the chocolate and olive oil together until smooth. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and espresso powder. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar and beat well. Set aside.
- Put the eggs and 1/2 cup sugar into a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until eggs are pale yellow. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cake has set and puffed up a bit. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with whipped cream and fruit.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.