3-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Bars Recipe Will Be Your New Favorite Healthy Indulgence by Sonia Satra
Once you try this homemade dark chocolate recipe, you'll never go back to store-bought! This three-ingredient (one is optional) dessert recipe is for dark chocolate lovers who love clean eating and a healthy indulgence.
If you like super dark chocolate, leave out the honey and increase the cocoa powder. You won't believe candy that tastes so good can actually have health benefits. It's hard to believe something so decadent can be good for you!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: About 15 minutes, plus 45 minutes to set
Total Time: About 25 minutes, plus 45 minutes to set
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (not processed with alkali)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the coconut oil in pot on low heat. Add the vanilla and honey and mix everything well.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix again until smooth. Look for the consistency of runny pancake batter. Too thick and the chocolate will be dry tasting, too thin and it doesn’t have the flavor. (You can always add more coconut oil or cocoa powder to get the right balance.)
- Remove from heat and pour into molds. This amount will usually make 4-6 bars.
- Place the molds in the fridge immediately and let sit for at least 45 minutes. After that, the chocolate should pop right out of the mold.
Note: The chocolate needs to be kept refrigerated otherwise it will begin to melt at room temperature.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.