Easy Dark Chocolate Pots de Crème French Custard Recipe Is a Chocolate Lover's Dream Come True by 30Seconds Food
Pots de crème is a French custard that dates back to the 17th century, and literally means "pot of cream." If you're a chocolate lover, this decadent dessert recipe is a dream come true. Especially because this amazing dessert looks really fancy, but it's really easy to prepare!
This French custard recipe is perfect for the holidays, but don't wait for a special occasion to make this delicious chocolate dessert. It's so easy that you can enjoy it any night of the week (and we think you deserve to)!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes, plus 6 hours to refrigerate
Total Time: 30 minutes, plus 6 hours to refrigerate
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- dash salt
Here’s how to make it:
- In a sauce pot, whisk together the cream, yolks, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until it gets bubbly and thick.
- Add the cream mixture to a blender along with the chopped chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into four ramekins. Pop in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream, grated chocolate, cocoa powder or fresh berries, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.