Best Classic Crunchy Fried Chicken Recipe (and the Easiest) by 30Seconds Food
Fried chicken recipes vary from family to family, from state to state and from culture to culture. From Korean fried chicken to southern fried chicken, to oven-baked fried chicken and deep-fried chicken, there’s something to please everyone in the world of fried chicken.
Here’s a basic recipe for simple, skillet-fried chicken. Sometimes simple is best. Serve this fried chicken recipe with your favorite vegetable or grain.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 – 2 cups flour
- paprika (optional)
- vegetable oil or vegetable shortening
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and paprika, if using.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat (360 to 365 degrees F).
- Put the flour in a large bowl or in a brown paper bag. Season with a little salt and pepper. Dredge or shake the chicken in the flour.
- Place the chicken pieces in the skillet. Cover and cook until golden brown on one side, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces over, uncover, and continue to cook until crispy and cooked through, about 10 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F. Drain on paper towels.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.