Simple Brined Fried Chicken Thighs Recipe: A Crispy, Baked Fried Chicken Recipe With Flavor to the Bone by 30Seconds Food
Brining chicken makes it super moist and flavorful to the bone. This is a basic salt water brine that you can use on any bone-in chicken, but this recipe uses chicken thighs. This easy brined chicken recipe is baked in the oven and comes out crispy, juicy and irresistible.
Prep Time: 4 hours to overnight to brine
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes (baking time varies depending on size of chicken thighs)
Total Time: 4 hours to 24 hours
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup flour
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the water into a large bowl. Add the salt and stir until dissolved. Completely submerge the chicken thighs in the brine. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the butter into a cast iron skillet or baking pan. Put it into a preheating 400-degree F oven to melt.
- While the butter melts, put the flour into a bowl or paper bag. Season with salt and pepper. Put the chicken into the bag and shake to coat, or dredge both sides in the flour. Put the chicken thighs, skin side down, in the pan with the melted butter.
- Cook for about 25 to 30 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until golden, crispy and cooked through (165 degrees F on a meat thermometer). Remove to a wire rack or paper towels.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Meat Thermometers $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.