Strawberry Shortcake: How to Make This Traditional, No-Nonsense Dessert! by 30Seconds Food
Are you a strawberry shortcake purist? Here's how to make a super simple, classic strawberry shortcake. It just couldn't get any easier!
- strawberries, sliced
- non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream (here's a recipe for homemade whipped cream)
- store-bought mini sponge cakes, pound cake or angel food cake
Here's how you make it:
- Put the sliced strawberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with some sugar. Allow them to sit until they start to release a little liquid (this is optional).
- Put a mini sponge cake or piece of pound cake on a plate. Spoon some of the strawberries over the top.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream. Top with another mini sponge cake or piece of pound cake.
- Top with more strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve.