Easiest Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Is an Old-fashioned Dessert With All the Feels by 30Seconds Food
Are you a strawberry shortcake lover? Join the club! If you think making strawberry shortcake takes too much work, you can join that club, too.
This is the easiest way we've found to make a super quick, classic strawberry shortcake. A cake recipe just couldn't get any simpler, or more delicious. This is an old-fashioned dessert recipe that brings back traditional flavors, and is sure to give you all the feels.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries, sliced
- sugar, to taste
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream (here's a recipe for homemade whipped cream)
- 12 store-bought mini sponge cakes, or slices of pound cake or angel food cake
Here's how you make it:
- Put the sliced strawberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with some sugar. Allow them to sit until they start to release a little liquid (this is optional).
- Put a mini sponge cake or piece of pound cake or angel food cake on a plate. Spoon some of the strawberries over the top.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream. Top with another mini sponge cake or piece of pound cake.
- Top with more strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Repeat for all the cakes. Serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.