Bacon Maple Butter Recipe: A Chef Shares Her Indulgent 4-Ingredient Sweet Bacon Butter Recipe by Chef Gigi Gaggero, 30Seconds.com Resident Chef
Bacon maple butter is delicious on just about anything, from biscuits to chicken to a good grilled steak. (Insert big, happy sigh.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the maple syrup and cook without stirring on medium heat until syrup reaches 235 degrees F, about 8 to 10 minutes. (When the syrup begins to boil gently, tilt the pan so the syrup covers the thermometer bulb to get an accurate reading.)
- Remove the syrup from heat and add the frozen butter one to two pieces at a time. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until all butter is incorporated.
- Add the bacon fat, if using.
- Pour the syrup into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light in color, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently crumble the cooked bacon and fold in. Pour the maple butter into clean mason jars. Allow to cool. The bacon-maple butter can be stored up to two weeks in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
Variation: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and for a spicy finish, add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Or both! You decide.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Candy Thermometers $7 & Up
Stand Mixers $40 & Up
Mason Jars $5 & Up
Wooden Spoons $5 & Up
Maple Syrup $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.