How to Make a Quick Basket Cake (No Baking Required Unless You Just Want To)! by Donna John
Inspired by Annette Jett's Easter basket centerpiece tip, I created this super-easy cake for Easter. Time was tight, so I opted not to bake and bought a frozen cake. The total time to put it together was less than 10 minutes. This cake could also be made for other occasions (basket of caramel candies and candy corn for fall, basket of winter holiday candies for Christmas, and fun summer candy in beach "bucket"). Have fun with it!
- frozen cake (I used the new coconut cake from Honeybaked Ham)
- aluminum foil
- decorations (M&Ms, Robin's Eggs, Peeps, etc.)
Here's how you make it:
- Thaw your cake as directed on the package.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil into a strip to form the handle (see image below).
- Take a piece of ribbon and place the end of it on the end of the foil strip. Fold down the end over the ribbon to help keep it in place. Wrap the ribbon around the foil until you get to the end. Fold up the foil over the ribbon and cut off the excess.
- Place a piece of tape on each end to secure the ribbon even more.
- Make two slits in your cake where you will insert the handle. Gently push it into the cake.
- Decorate with candy of your choice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.