Easter Table Centerpieces: How to Turn an Angel Food Cake Into a Beautiful Basket! by Annette Jett
11 months ago
Looking for a fun, easy decoration for your Easter table? Here's how to turn an angel food cake into a edible centerpiece. Your kids will love to help, too!
- Use an upside-down angel food cake as the basket base.
- Cover with pastel-colored frosting using a star tip, basket weave or flat-ice technique.
- Cut two slits on opposite ends of top of base with a sharp knife.
- Fold an 18-inch piece of foil lengthwise several times, making a 1/4-inch wide, flat and sturdy handle.
- Braid ribbon onto the foil and place each end of the ribbon "handle" in the slits of the base as you arch it.
- Add real or icing flower accents to sides and rim of basket.
- Finally, decorate top of the basket with candy eggs, jelly beans and colored grass, made by mixing coconut and green dye.