Quick & Easy Easter Nest Cupcake Recipe for Easter Day Dessert by Donna John
Walk in with these cute-as-can-be Easter cupcakes and your friends and family will think you slaved all day in the kitchen. Only you will know how easy these Easter nest cupcakes were to make.
The cupcake recipe starts with a box cake mix. Can't get any easier than that. Bake the cupcakes according to package directions in colorful baking liners. Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating. Mix vanilla and chocolate cake frosting until you reach the perfect shade of brown for your nests, then pipe it onto the top of the cupcake. Ad some jelly beans or Robin's eggs, and you have an Easter nest!
You can use whatever flavor of cake mix your family enjoys. Don't like Robin's eggs? Use jellybeans or your favorite egg-shaped Easter candy. The easiest Easter or spring dessert ever.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- cupcake baking liners
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- Robin's Eggs Easter candy or other egg-shaped candy
- decorating bag with small round tip or plastic storage bag with the tip cut off
Here's how to make it:
- Make the cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using colorful baking liners. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, scoop the chocolate frosting into a bowl. Add vanilla frosting until you reach desired color for your nests.
- Spoon the frosting into the decorating bag fitted with a small round tip or plastic storage bag with just the tip cut off.
- Starting at the center of your cupcake, pipe a continuous circle to form a nest.
- Put a few egg-shaped candies into the nest.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Robin's Eggs $2 & Up
Chocolate Cake Mix $2 & U p
Cupcake Liners $3 & Up
Cake Frosting $2 & Up
Decorating Bags & Tips $3 & Up
Cupcake Holder/Carrier $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.