Extreme Chocolate Cake: It May Be the Best Chocolate Recipe You'll Ever Make by Kimberly Johnson
This is literally the best chocolate cake recipe I have ever made. It's the perfect cake to make for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a bowl, stir together dry cake ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Gently stir in boiling water. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. After 10 minutes remove from pans to cool completely.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Alternately stir in remaining frosting ingredients. Beat to a spreading consistency.
- Split the cake layers horizontally. Stack the layers on a serving plate, covering each layer with frosting. Frost the outside. Enjoy!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Round Cake Pans $8 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Baking Powder $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.