Extreme Chocolate Cake: It May Be the Best Chocolate Recipe You'll Ever Make! by Kimberly Johnson
7 months ago
This is literally the best chocolate cake recipe I have ever made.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a bowl, stir together dry cake ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Gently stir in boiling water. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. After 10 minutes remove from pans to cool completely.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Alternately stir in remaining frosting ingredients. Beat to a spreading consistency.
- Split the cake layers horizontally. Stack the layers on a serving plate, covering each layer with frosting. Frost the outside. Enjoy!