Chef's Hack: How to Make a Quick & Easy Mushroom Garnish in 30 Seconds! by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Looking for a special, flavorful garnish for that upscale steakhouse meal presentation? Here's a 30-second chef’s hack that will make you look like a pro! Just remember to save those mushroom peels and stems and re-purpose into a rich stock or flavorful sauce! Here's how:
- Slice off the mushroom stem.
- Place your knife under the mushroom cap and gently scrape under the edge to release the skin.
- Pull the skin back toward the center of the mushroom and continue all the way around until you have peeled the whole mushroom cap.
- Plunge the sharp tip of the knife into the mushroom cap’s spongy flesh.
- Make pattern around the entire mushroom cap until it's fully garnished.
- Saute your mushrooms in butter, garlic and white wine, or however you prefer your mushrooms.
You can serve your beautiful mushrooms on top of grilled steak (or any way you like)!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Paring Knives $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.