A Chef Shares Her Hack for How to Make an Easy & Beautiful Mushroom Garnish (30-Second Video) by Chef Gigi
Looking for a special, flavorful garnish for that upscale steakhouse dinner presentation? Here's my 30-second chef’s hack for an easy and beautiful mushroom garnish that will help you cook like a pro!
You can use these pretty mushrooms as a side dish with steak, chicken and seafood, or just even in a salad. Remember to save those mushroom peels and stems and re-purpose into a rich stock or flavorful sauce. So simple and so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms
Here's how to make them:
- Slice off the mushroom stem.
- Place your knife under the mushroom cap and gently scrape under the edge to release the skin.
- Pull the skin back toward the center of the mushroom and continue all the way around until you have peeled the whole mushroom cap.
- Plunge the sharp tip of the knife into the mushroom cap’s spongy flesh.
- Make pattern around the entire mushroom cap until it's fully garnished.
- Serve fresh, or sauté your mushrooms in butter, garlic and white wine, or however you prefer your mushrooms.
Serve your beautiful mushrooms on top of grilled steak, or any way you like!
Music by Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Paring Knives $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.