Pizza Party: How to Make an Amazing Roasted Garlic Spinach Pizza! by Donna John
10 months ago
Roasted garlic gets even creamier when stirred into ricotta cheese. What happens next is pure pizza magic.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust or pre-made pizza crust
- 1 head roasted garlic (get the recipe here)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- black pepper
- 1 bag fresh spinach, steamed until wilted or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Lay the uncooked pizza crust on a pizza stone or pizza pan. Set aside.
- Mash the roasted garlic in a bowl. Add the ricotta cheese and black pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Spread the roasted garlic mixture over the crust. Top with the spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.