Pizza Party: How to Make an Amazing Roasted Garlic Spinach Pizza! by Donna John
2 months ago
Roasted garlic gets even creamier when stirred into ricotta cheese. What happens next is pure pizza magic.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust or pre-made pizza crust
- 1 head roasted garlic (get the recipe here)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- black pepper
- 1 bag fresh spinach, steamed until wilted or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Lay the uncooked pizza crust on a pizza stone or pizza pan. Set aside.
- Mash the roasted garlic in a bowl. Add the ricotta cheese and black pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Spread the roasted garlic mixture over the crust. Top with the spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.