How to Make Classic Chickpea Hummus With Smoked Paprika! by Donna John
Carrot hummus. White bean hummus. Black bean hummus. You name it, and someone has made hummus out of it. Here's a recipe for just plain ol' classic hummus. You're welcome.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- smoked paprika
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Leave the motor running on low and slowly pour in the olive oil. (You can add a little water to reach desired consistency.) Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour the hummus into a serving bowl and sprinkle with some smoked paprika. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: