How to Make Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Use Those Overripe Bananas)! by Donna John
My dilemma? Three very overripe bananas that I didn't want to throw away – and not enough for my banana bread recipe. What to do? I found a few muffin recipes and adapted them with what I had on hand. The result was this yummy banana and oatmeal muffin.
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- cinnamon, for topping
Here's how to make them:
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter and vanilla in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened.
- Pour into paper-lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Bake for about 15 minutes in a preheated 375-degree oven.
Great for breakfast or a quick snack!