Creamy Wild Rice Soup Recipe: This Soup Will Keep the Winter Chill Away by Donna John
Warm up with this creamy wild rice soup. You won't even miss the meat. Need meat? Add shredded, cooked chicken when soup is almost ready and heat through.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 soup cans of milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring water to a boil and add the wild rice. Simmer, covered, 50-60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp in a Dutch oven. Remove bacon and crumble.
- To bacon grease, add the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked rice and bacon, and simmer, covered, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Bowls $7 & Up
Wild Rice $4 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Seasoned Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.