Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice! How to Make Candied Holiday Nuts! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Sweet. Spicy. Crunchy. Who on your holiday list wouldn't love a container of these candied nuts?
- 2 cups mixed unsalted nuts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons light organic corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Here’s how you make them:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, spices and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, stirring once during bake time, until golden in color and bubbly. Remove and cool on the baking sheet 30 to 40 minutes.