How to Make Basil Peach Sorbet (Go Ahead, Buy the Ice Cream Maker)! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Buy that ice cream maker you've always wanted! This fresh basil peach sorbet recipe is worth it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed, chopped fresh basil leaves
- 6 large ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- dash of salt
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Let stand 15 minutes. Pour through a fine strainer. Discard solids. Cool.
- Cut a nickel-sized X on top of peaches. Submerge them in boiling water for 1 minute. With slotted spoon quickly dunk each peach in a bowl of ice water. Cool. Peel starting from the X at the top. Remove pits and dice. Place peaches and juice in a blender; process until smooth. Add salt and basil mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer can of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm.
Produces up to 4 quarts in 20 to 40 minutes!
A fast and easy way to make 4 quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt or gelato. Featuring a locking motor mount, easy-to-clean plastic bucket and 4-quart aluminum canister.
Housed in brushed stainless steel with an embossed logo, this fully automatic small appliance makes frozen yogurt, sorbet and homemade ice cream in as little as 25 minutes.
Hand-crafted wooden bucket of New England white pine along with the powerful motor and a little love makes amazing homemade ice cream.