Easy Chef-Approved Peach Sorbet Recipe Is So Cool & Refreshing by Chef Gigi
You could omit the basil if you don't have any or are not sure about adding an herb to sorbet. Or substitute fresh mint. But trust me, basil is delicious!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes plus freezing time
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed, chopped fresh basil leaves
- 6 large ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- dash of salt
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Let stand 15 minutes. Pour through a fine strainer. Discard solids. Cool.
- Cut a nickel-sized X on top of peaches. Submerge them in boiling water for 1 minute. With slotted spoon quickly dunk each peach in a bowl of ice water. Cool. Peel starting from the X at the top. Remove pits and dice. Place peaches and juice in a blender; process until smooth. Add salt and basil mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer can of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.