Editor’s Letter: Why We Need to Make Things Happen TODAY (Plus What’s Trending On 30Seconds This Week) by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
All eyes are on Tokyo as it hosts the 2020 Olympics. With Japan under pressure to host a safe Olympics during an ongoing global pandemic, my heart goes out to the Japanese people and all the visitors trying to enjoy this amazing place under such tight restrictions. That’s why I’m sharing a bit about my experience in this magical country – thanks to impeccable Japanese hospitality.
Getting to see a bit of Japan just before the world changed was a truly transformative experience. Being in Asia in December 2019, as the first cases of COVID-19 were being announced, was the last of our international travels. I’m so grateful we got to take our three youngest kids with us on that powerful journey before everything came to a screeching halt.
As the world continues its battle with the evolving pandemic, reflecting on my time in Japan is helping me to remember that we can’t take anything for granted. It’s a reminder to embrace opportunities as they arise. We have to make things happen – today. Don’t wait. Tomorrow isn’t promised to any of us.
Have any thoughts about Japan to share? I would love to hear them!
Here's What's Trending On 30Seconds This Week
- Ramen Recipes to Make at Home: Chef Mitsui's Shoyo Japanese Ramen Recipe Tastes Like It Cooked All Day
- Exercises to Build Self-Esteem: 5 Ways to Overcome Inner Demons & Increase Self-Confidence
- Easy Butter Baked Chicken Recipe With Milk Gravy Is a Satisfying 5-Ingredient Chicken Dinner
- Japan Coloring Pages: Free Printable Coloring Pages of Japan – From Food to Places to People
- Quick 2-Minute Gyoza Sauce Recipe: Easy Japanese Sauce Recipe for Dipping, Dunking & Drizzling
- Expert Q&A: How Can I Start to Repair My Mental Health After Getting Out of a Relationship With a Narcissist?
- Lemon Chicken Stir-fry Recipe: This 15-Minute Lemony Chicken Stir-fry Recipe Is Good Stuff
- Expert Q&A: How Do I Know When to Move From a Side Hustle to Being a Full-time Entrepreneur?
- 3-Ingredient Lemon Ice Pops Recipe: Get Refreshed With This Healthy Lemon & Honey Ice Pops Recipe (No Refined Sugar)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Urges In-Person Learning & Wearing of Face Masks in Updated COVID-19 Guidance on School Safety
- Creamy Avocado Corn Salad Recipe: Get Ready for the Recipe Requests for This Incredible Corn Avocado Salad Recipe
- Japan Is a Country of Contrasts: My Journey of Transformation & Discovery on a Family Trip to Tokyo & Kyoto
Want to Contribute?
If you have some inspiration you'd like to share, we invite you to join our tribe and become a 30Seconds contributor. On 30Seconds, we realize that time is your most precious resource, and we’ll help you make the most of it. We look forward to having you join our thriving community. You can learn more about me at ElisaSchmitz.com, and get my inspiration for achieving career and life success at BecomeTheFire.com.
Want to Work With Us?
We work with companies we feel good about. To learn more, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.