Exercises to Build Self-Esteem: 5 Ways to Overcome Inner Demons & Increase Self-Confidence by Dr. Tania Medina, Plastic Surgeon
Self-esteem is a priority for me, and I've become an expert in helping my clients overcome their inner demons. Here are five tips to help overcome those inner demons that I share with my clients:
- Meditate: Practice five minutes a day of being your own observer, without any judgment, with an attitude of curiosity and without attachments. It will allow you to learn to identify those internal characters.
- Connect With the Present: One way to put your inner saboteur to sleep is to be aware of the here and now. When those thoughts come to your head, focus on something that is happening in the moment: a smell, something that you are doing in the moment. When those negative voices come to your mind, learn to play with them so your mind will allow whether they deserve your attention or not.
- Be Grateful: Talking to yourself, thanking yourself for every little achievement is a great way to overwhelm those negative voices that keep you from progressing. Give thanks for everything. Even if you are not in the place you want.
- Have Compassion: Don't be so hard on yourself. Leave the saboteur without strength, really saying what you want to hear, offer yourself messages of calm, love, serenity, strength and faith.
- Be Aware When Responding: Surprise the saboteur by giving him a conscious response, for example a smile, writing the response. This will strengthen your authentic self (the observer) and put the negative inner character to sleep. If she/he tells you, for example, that you are not going to achieve it, you're lazy, just act conscious and respond with a positive reaction.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.