The Holidays Are Hard on Your Health: 7 Tips to Avoid Sabotaging Your Health During the Holidays by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
The holidays are associated with a lot of things, but good health isn’t usually one of them. Typically, this season is full of all the things we work so hard to prevent during the rest of the year. Overindulgent eating, excessive drinking, sleep deprivation, heightened anxiety and over-planning are a cocktail for disaster that many people drink straight into the new year. Here are seven tips to clean up your act this holiday season while still having all the fun:
- Wash your hands. Nothing derails holiday plans faster than getting sick.
- Get your flu shot. This ounce of prevention makes you half as likely to get the flu.
- Bring a nutritional side. ‘Tis the season of potlucks, so make sure there’s a healthy option.
- Splurge wisely. Indulge in your favorite treats and skip the rest.
- Go to bed. Sleep at least eight hours to recharge for the next day.
- Chill out. Relaxing will help you focus and ease anxiety.
- Say no. Focus on the traditions and the people you care about most.
The holidays don’t have to sabotage your good health. Make these simple adjustments and start off the new year a healthier you! Visit WeChooseNPs.org to learn more.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.