Need to Get Some Stuff Off My Chest: 23 Things I've Wanted to Say for Months... by Tori Ulrich
I have so many things to say about so many things that happened in the months that I have been MIA. Some things that make me feel rage, some that make me feel immense sadness, some that make me want to celebrate and squeal with glee, some nonsense, but all too much to imagine trying to put in separate posts to a million things. I just gotta get some shiz off my chest.
1. My friends are amazing and strong.
2. I gave up eating meat over a year ago and feel great about my choice for a million reasons. Those of you scared about the Amazon, get the f&ck on board and give up eating flesh. Each of the animals you consume not only kills the earth, but it kills a soul. Thank you to Lisa for helping me get here and for continuing to change the world with her badassery.
3. Our current president scares me more every day and I don't think that we are taking him seriously enough.
4. I learned a BRUTAL business-owner lesson this summer, but through it learned that I have more integrity and I run my business with more soul and awareness of others than most. It's gonna pay off in a major way one day. Mad props to Jordan and Jesse for having that integrity, too.
5. Endometriosis is a f&cking nightmare and watching it take things away from my friends makes me feel so helpless. My girl, Meg, is a warrior, and her husband, Will, is truly partner goals.
6. WE MUST LISTEN TO WOMEN. About health, about feelings, about stories and about trauma.
7. Most straight white men really have no idea how privileged they are. Some don't care to know, but some are working REALLY hard to know. I see you out there boys, keep that sh&t up.
8. I love living alone. I love Russell, and wouldn't change our roommate years for anything, but I really love living alone.
9. Some of my favorite people have suffered incredible trauma and loss in the last year and they are still kind, loving, incredible people. Watching them truly humbles me.
10. "Girl Boss" and "Lady Boss" or anything resembling either of these things are bullsh&t and they are not cool or witty or cute. I'm just the f&cking BOSS.
11. Groups of women that love each other and truly have each others' best interests at heart are unstoppable as a team. I have a Girl Gang, The Ladies, "church," literal soul sisters and ride-or-die (but stop for a sandwich first) crews. You know who you are and I love you forever.
12. The internet is horribly cruel to moms and it has to stop. Its ruining children and families and it's killing me to watch it.
13. Family is who you choose it to be. It's a feeling, not a bloodline.
14. Dating at 39 feels like its own kind of war sometimes. Please notice the friends in your life that are doing this and throw them a friggin' bone that doesn't include, "When you stop looking, you'll find it." When your friends say, "I'm looking for ____ in a person," really LOOK at the people in your life and see if you have someone they might like to meet. And a big shout out to Coach (Morgen) who really made me able to say this out loud.
15. Be careful when you tell a woman that men are intimidated by strong, independent, self-sufficient, cool women. These are qualities we are likely most proud of in ourselves of, so saying this feels like you are telling us we are keeping ourselves single, and that just feels sh&tty.
16. Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo is sent from angels.
17. You don't need to have birthed a human child to be a parent.
18. The smell of a hot glue gun is my happy place and I'd like someone to make this into a candle scent, thanks.
19. If I could make money from the dog hair tumbleweeds in my house I could buy Facebook.
20. The world feels like a hot nightmare a lot of the time right now and we really need to start being nicer to each other.
21. Camp Tanamakoon saved me from an almost certain fate, and when I have the money one day I will send every child to camp that I can.
22. Never underestimate the power of a good face masque at the end of the day, and thank you to Barret for making this easy for me to do.
23. Allison Janney is the queen of all things.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Trader Joe's Cookbooks $10 & Up
Face Masques $4 & Up
Hot Glue Guns $4 & Up
Allison Janney Movies $3 & Up
Books for Entrepreneurs $3 & Up
Books for Women Business Owners $4 & Up
Gifts for Friends $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.