You Think December Is Bad, Mom? Uh Uh! Here's Why It's Got Nothing on September... by Kim Kusiciel
You did it! You dropped your kids off at school for their first day. You think you can breathe a sigh of relief? NOPE! September is gonna drive you mad. Not the upset kind, but the crazy kind. Why?
- the schedules (after and before-school activities)
- the need to make lunches (ugghhhh, the lunches!)
- sending in school forms
- keeping track of all the back-to-school nights
- signing up for classroom helper jobs
- volunteering for the PTA
Yep, you'll feel like you are running a marathon, and that's only Monday. Come Friday you'll have:
- to keep track of special spirit wear days
- bring books back for the library
- locate the homework (I don't know how it gets lost in a backpack, but it does!)
- do the homework
- send in pennies for a purpose
- picture day
- fill out more forms for who knows why
You'll be ready for any reason to be sent to a mommy time-out. And if your children play any sports, join clubs, try out for a play or play an instrument then you'll really be insane, because there is no way we can do it all on our own.
Thank goodness for a good tribe to keep us sane – or at least toast the weekend with! Cheers to getting out of it alive!