Teen Time: 27 Ideas for Summertime Fun With Your Tween or Teen! by Sheryl Gould
Sometimes summer activities to enjoy with teens can be a challenge. Here are a few tried-and-true activities to do with your tween or teen. Get your kid's input and pick a few to enjoy together.
- Find a pool, waterpark, beach or a lake.
- Have a backyard or beach bonfire with s'mores.
- Play sports – basketball (or horse or four square), football, soccer, badminton, softball, Frisbee or kick the can.
- Attend an outdoor music festival, amusement park or local carnival (let them invite a friend).
- Dine at an ethnic restaurant of their choice.
- Attend a baseball game.
- Go to a local farmers market. Let them pick what they want to eat. (Try Cheryl Leahy's farmer's market minestrone soup.)
- Play golf – miniature or adult.
- Go kayaking, canoeing or sailing.
- Have a squirt gun fight.
- Play tennis, volleyball or badminton.
- Hit the go-kart tracks.
- Hike on a local nature trail.
- Take an outdoor yoga class .
- Help at a homeless shelter.
- Take an adventurous day trip.
- Cookout or go camping.
- Star gaze.
- Walk a dog at an animal rescue.
- Plant a garden.
- Find an outdoor rock climbing wall.
- Make a favorite pie together.
- Sing karaoke.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Run or walk a race.
- Watch the sunset or sunrise.
- Go fishing.
Be intentional to schedule fun time ahead of time and put it on your calendar! Relax and enjoy yourself!